Ben and I finally took the plunge! It may not seem monumental for everyone else, but for us, it may have been more difficult than deciding to get married. I'm talking about buying a new couch and a couple of chairs to match. As I said, not exactly huge in the scheme of things, but it means a lot to us. Our little place no longer feels like a student apartment, but more like a real, established home. That, and we will not have to a.) snuggle up with visitors on the old blue and gray beast, b.) drag a mattress into the front room when we have guests, or c.) avoid asking anyone to come to our house. For the benefit of our family who is far away, and as a sneak preview for friends in the area, here is a picture, along with a few of the rest of our place. Please keep your arms and legs in the car at all times, and do not stand up until the ride comes to a complete stop:When we first saw this couch at the store, we wouldn't even consider it. The fabric it came in made it look like it had been made from the hide of some ill-fated muppet. The color was between turquoise and moss green with the texture being the unfortunate hybrid of carpet and fleece. Luckily, there was a sectional in this upholstery, which helped change our attitudes. Also, it was the most comfortable couch of all on which we had sat.
This is our dining room, with Ben's computer in its usual location. I cleared my computer off so that you would all think our house is usually cleaner than in reality. Is it working? Recognize the clock, Molly?
I'd ask you into the kitchen and bathroom, but the kitchen sink has dishes in it and the bathroom is nothing special. (Unless mother nature calls, then it's really special...;) )This is the master suite... Okay, so it really isn't a suite, and you really can fit a bed in and that's just about it. But it sure feels good after a long day at work and the studio! (And shipping the comforter set from Utah was definitely worth it!)
And lastly, a comparison:
The "office" when we first moved in:
And the office now:
I think the amount of visible floor space is just about the same, although it is a lot better than it was before. Imagine the way the room currently is only with a full-sized mattress in there, too. Now think of puppies and rainbows so that you can sleep tonight. We were able to make enough room for the mattress in the basement as it is turning out to be more difficult to sell than we thought. If y'all know anyone in the St. Louis area that would like to buy the mattress (cheap!) and could come pick it up, we'd really, really appreciate it.
Well, that concludes our virtual tour. Please come and visit us in person soon!
For Quinn, Who Turned Seven Today
6 years ago

6 comments:
Awww. Look at you guys. All grown up and stuff.
And I recognize so many of those boxes in the office.
Now where would you recognize those boxes from? It's not like I've been packing them around with me the last couple of years or something...oh, wait...crap. To my credit, I have actually started going through some of them now, finally.
The couch really is the most comfortable one we could find. But, don't take my word for it...
Ooooh nice.
OH boy oh boy. Ben you've started the age old allen habit of piles--piles of boxes, papers. ;) It looks really good! Exciting! We want to come and visit sometime! Our couch is really comfy. That one looks nice too.
Yes! The Clock! And hey, I noticed it at Dr. Gray's condo when I was there last weekend...which greatly amused me.
What a cute place! I love your new couches!
Post a Comment